June 1, 2019
Happy new month to you! I love a fresh start, don’t you?
Now, I don’t know about you, but I have been somewhat lackadaisical in my normal Keto lifestyle routine.
I’m not trying to make excuses, but here’s my best one (ha)! Surgery kicked my butt more than I wanted to admit. I’m glad I mentioned my lethargy to my surgeon. She recommended I supplement with iron (Slow Fe) for a few months because of the blood loss during surgery. Why didn’t I think of that? Hmmm. Anyhow, I took her advice and my energy is back to my normal Keto AH-mazing energy 24/7.
And HOLY WOW, here in the Midwest–it was a long, long, long winter! Can I get an amen? Sneaky little bad habits snuck in, too. Here’s my confessions:
- I started eating a lot of nuts (pecans and macadamia nuts)! I would add handfuls at the end of meals–I think I was craving salt. I went two years in my Keto lifestyle and barely ate nuts at all. Strange that I started it after surgery.
- I started eating berries several times weekly after surgery. I think my body was craving something. The past few weeks, I’ve been eliminating this from my diet again. I am fructose intolerant; fruit should be rare in my diet.
- I found myself eating after 6pm–breaking my hard and fast rule of not eating after 6pm! I wasn’t so much snacking, but I started preparing meals way after 6pm and I prefer not to eat close to bed time.
Thankfully my weight has remained the same. BUT, I’ve watched the body fat percentage on my FitBit Aria scale climb up. I’m getting SOFT! In more ways than one. (I’m also being treated with therapy for a long-standing shoulder injury–exercise is frustrating, argh!)
What’s a girl to do? Well, this Type-A Upholder girl is going to “get back to basics”. You should join me in getting back to the basics! Or you can use these tips and tricks to jumpstart your new journey. Please help keep me accountable to the following:
1. Tracking all food in Carb Manager
2. Weekly meal planning menus
3. One 36 – 42 hour fast weekly on Tuesdays, 18:6 all other days
4. No nuts
5. No sugar substitutes
I revisited my macronutrient needs and reset my app for my current goals. You can calculate your needs, too. Here’s a few calculators (typically I play with a few of them and take an average):
KetoDiet Buddy Easy Macro Calculator
Keto Calculator by WorkOutCave.com
I’ve finally created a weekly meal plan, too! It’s in response to one of the top questions I get: “Christine, what do you eat?” Normally, I tend to fly by the seat of my pants when it comes to meal planning, but I thought this would help you!
Sign up for Christine’s
Weekly Meal Plans here:
Meal Planning from Coach Christine’s Kitchen
Continuing blog series:
I haven’t finished my weight loss journey – but I have been thinking the same thing! Too many nuts. Just feels like a finish to a meal. Instead of eating after 6 pm, I’ve also done between meal snacking. So my reset June will be 2 meals only (18/6) with two 24 hour fasts during the week. No snacking. No nuts. Thanks for the inspiration!
I was so shocked by my sudden fascination with nuts. I rarely ate them for two years and then all the sudden started – and they are trouble! Right?
How are you doing so far this month?